Tuesday, August 30, 2011

A quick UPDATE!

Wow! Life is just too fast. We're almost through our crazy end-of-summer schedule and let me say this, I AM TIRED! I'm going to just recap our past few weeks since I haven't posted at all since it began. Last time I did, it was Aaliyah's birthday. Well, on August 24th, Aaliyah and I went to our FIRST CUBBIES game!!! We sat in the bleachers too like real, hardcore fans! We took the train to the city and boy, does she love train rides! Her eyes get really big and she just stares out the window. She doesn't stop talking either. Her mind must be running twice as fast cause she had something to say or ask every 5 seconds. Once we got to Chicago, we hopped onto the Red Line and rode to Wrigley Field. We walked out of the train station right into a sea of Cub's fans and it was a sight to see. There was also a cab accident with ambulances and cops' right out in front of the stadium....no surprise from the cab drivers out here, they are NUTS! We circled the stadium to waste some time and just see it all. We found our entrance and went in to get some food and find a seat. We grabbed some yummy $1 ballpark hotdogs and pop from a friendly lady who adored Aaliyah and proceeded to the bleachers. It was packed and people were getting their drink on. We scoped at a nice seat right under the score board and made our way in. The hot dogs and pop were in our belly in no time since we all were so hungry from our train rides in. It was so cool to see her interest in everything. The game began and the Cub's were looking good right away! Next thing we know, Soriano is at bat and hits the ball straight at us! HOMERUN!!! It came right at us but went to the lower level of the bleachers. Still so exciting! The crowd would cheer and Aaliyah would join in just as loud as she could. If they boo'ed, she did too. Girl is a natural fan. We walked around and checked out the goodies and just really enjoyed ourselves. Back in the bleachers by time 7th ining stretch began and we all stood for the song. "Take me out to the ballgame......" Aaliyah tried to sing along as if she knew the song! We left and headed for the train once they finished cause we had a long day. Our Red Line train ride home was interesting. We had to stand and Billy held Aaliyah. The train would pick up speed real quick then stop suddenly. I was certain we 3 would end up on the floor at some point. She thought it was like a carnival ride, laughing the entire ride. She charmed the conductor into giving her a dollar for no reason too. What a great memory for us. It was perfect. We had such a good time with our baby girl. I know we needed it.






 On Saturday, we headed off early for our camping trip. We were joined by many families at the campground for our first camping trip as a family. Aunt Mary's first annual camping adventure was a HUGE hit! It was amazing to see everyone so relaxed and carefree. My heart was warmed by the many faces of the autistic children that went as well. You could see the joy right in their eyes. Their parents let down their guards and gave their special little one's a much needed chance to run free and enjoy a place with NO JUDGEMENT. It was something each of us needed to do and I cannot wait for next years trip! My photography was also a huge hit. I was photographer of the event and boy was it awesome to be a part of everything and with everyone. I brought some prints of my favorite pictures I've taken and the entire time, people continuously came to me and praised my work. That felt so good. I was overwhelmingly flattered. Many families want me to do some sessions and tell me I should go PRO! I guess it's time to really work on a business name and make myself serious about it! We had a blast around the fire and running the fields under the stars. We were visited by llamas and seeing-eye dogs. Really was a good time. Now, it's Tuesday and I'm half packed for our next trip....NANA'S PARTY IN MARYLAND! We leave Thursday evening and I am sooooo excited. So are the girls. They keep asking me if we're leaving yet. I just hope they do well with the car ride! I also hope this trip doesn't squash my hard work of PTing. Did I mention how well they are doing? Zoey is awesome with it! She pulls her panties down and goes on the potty almost every time and Hailey does it here and there. We are making progress. Besides the potty, the twins are full blown in the terrible 2's. It's a bit crazy anymore. I'm hoping that family who haven't met or miss them a whole lot will be keeping them off my hands for a good while on this trip =] I will be back and I will update then! Off I go to finish my motherly duties and prepare for the adventure!

No comments:

Post a Comment