Thursday, August 18, 2011

A moment to look back 4 years...

Yesterday was a big day. Our oldest baby girl is now transformed into our BIG girl. Aaliyah turned 4 years old! We were telling her how we can all remember that day she was born. How Mommy and Daddy got up really early and met Nanny to go have our baby girl. We told her how we remembered her first cry that she made once she was born. She listened to us with a tiny little smile on her face. Nanny came over to sing Happy Birthday with us and watch her do her gifts and cake. I told her that Nanny was there and would remember the day she was born. She got a lot of really neat gifts. She's just that special. Later in the day, Aunt Stephanie came by to say Happy Birthday to Aaliyah too. She brought gifts as well which was completely to Aaliyah's delight. The girl loves presents! I told her again that Aunt Stephanie was there after she was born and that she remembers that day too. It was just so neat seeing the thoughts going in her head. I could almost read her mind and she seemed to be trying to remember that day too. We told her a lot of cute little things that we remembered from her day of birth. The sound of the jets roaring over the hospital as I was wheeled to the OR. It was the weekend of the Chicago Air show and they fly over our area while waiting for their turn and what not. I recall the nerves really kicking in on that cold ride. I was so calm once Daddy was by my side. I remember the radio playing in the background as my doctor went to work on my belly and me focusing on her cry, waiting for it. Then, there it was. I remember even with the anesthesia, I felt chills run over me and a wave of tears swell up in my eyes. I remember Daddy's face when they put her in his arms to show me. His pride was shining brightly in his eyes. I remember touching her chunky little face and just being captivated. In all the comotion once the nurses took her and Daddy to go clean up, I listened a little more carefully to the music that was playing. When I heard, I couldn't believe what song it was. Aaliyah's "One in a Million" played softly as I was sewed back up and I just smiled. The rest of the day was complete blur due to morphine dose in my epidural. I can't remember much of my stay either. I do remember her pooping all over me one night while it was just her and I. It was funny even then. How much could come out of such a infant? Ha, the nurses had to clean us both up after that one. She was my beautiful, stubborn, new, 8lb 14oz. baby girl. These 4 years have been quite the journey for all of us. She became a big sister to twins before she was 2 and took the task on like a champ. She is the perfect big sister, from day one. She is smart, sweet and friendly. Loves to make people smile and always loves the attention. We couldn't ask for a better daughter than her. We are all so proud of how amazing she is in every sense of the word. As bittersweet as it is to see her grow another year older, we have so much to look forward to and it excites us to see where she's going to take us in her life. Mommy and Daddy are ready for whatever you heart wants to do baby girl. We love you to the moon and back <3

No comments:

Post a Comment