Monday, July 25, 2011

This was NOT very funny...

Saturday, Daddy got up early to go cut our Aunt's grass. He was still there at 11:30 so I asked the girls if they wanted to go find him. Easily they replied with a anonomous and pretty much in unison between the three girls "FIND DADDY!". So, first they had to clean up and get ready. That took longer than expected...after many, many times saying "If you want to go to Aunt ______'s you need to help mommy clean these toys up, please". It didn't work until I said "Alright, if you don't want to clean up, I don't want to take you guys bye-bye". That struck a chord, even with the twins and clean up comenced. We were in the van and off to find Daddy! We got there and her house is always like a child's dreams with toys and stuff galore to explore. The twins haven't been there in a while and never really got the chance to just run around with the other kids. We'll, they sure thought they were something big! They went downstairs with the gang and I walked them down, showed them around and went back upstairs to chat. I'm a worrisome mother as it is but I try to give them some sense of independence so they can learn from their wrong choices or be happy about it when they do it right. So, I would check on them often to make sure things were going smoothly during their adventure of her basement. They loved it. Then, everyone came upstairs and I was sitting in a chair. Zoey had made it up fine and I heard Hailey say "Look mommy, come look!" so as I got up, Zoey ran off in front of me to see. They say twins, especially the kind my girls are, identical have a special, unexplainable bond. Well, I see this and I usually love every minute I get to witness it. This time, it was not so cute. As Zoey started down the first stair, she missed her step. I was reaching to grab her but, I was just too late, maybe be an inch. I watched as she tumbled into Hailey and taking her down with her in a ball to the bottom of the stairs. I'm shaking now as I relive it as I type. My mind was blank and all that came out my mouth was "Damnit! Damnit, damnit, damint". I watched my poor babies fall down a flight of stairs together and I was helpless. I chased them down and grabbed them both as I shoke and they cried. I'm SO thankful that the aunt has equipped her basement for the little one's running around. Because of past accident's, the stairs really worry our family. Our aunt and cousins rushed to the top to help me and console one of the twins. I focused on Zoey since she was pretty upset. Hailey cried but she stopped pretty soon. I watched them learn to smile at one another and then laugh. I watched them hold hands, give hugs & kisses, or playing like they are their own Dora & Diego. They've had that twin bond so strong from the moment they were formed, I can tell this. It's amazing. Their first big accident that, thankfully, was not as bad as it could have been, was done together as well. I think it was coincedience in some ways but it makes me wonder how often in their life as we go will I witness such events happening. I feel like my family has been given a chance to see something that is in fact a fluke of nature. The cute things they do and how they act with each other is strong and they have a strong bond with their big sister too. She's the one who teaches them a lot of things they know. They're all 3 a blessing to our family and each one of them makes us all remember what it is like to be kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment