Thursday, July 21, 2011

Just the beginning....

It's now been over 2 years since these gorgeous, fascinating and busy little blessings came into our lives. Let me just say that it has been very interesting since their birth. I can remember it all so well, all the way back to taking that first test and then the other one just to make sure it was true. I can remember thinking this one must be a boy. Not sure why I felt that way cause BOY was I wrong. All was well besides me being super sick all day until I started getting dizzy a bit too often and then blacking out with my toddler running around. That scared me enough to make me go to the ER. That was the night our lives changed. I can remember so clearly how funny I thought the nurse was when she told me we were having twins. I joked and said "You're lying". When she handed me the paper and I read "Twin A" and "Twin B", my heart sunk and I felt my head get woozy. I laughed and cried at the same time. I was alone for that moment but I was anxious to get to a phone to call and give out the shocking news. Daddy and I cried together on the phone. He had to run home while I was being admitted to the hospital since my heartrate was a bit low. He felt bad that he missed that moment but undoubtedly, he was so excited! I sat there calling everyone. I remember the feelings I felt through those first few months. Then, we found out they were two girls. Two new baby girls to work into our lives. It took time to find the perfect names. But, we got Hailey and Zoey in the end. It fits! I can clearly remember sitting on the hospital bed, about to be wheeled in for surgery. Daddy kissing me, then my mommy kissing me too. I remember getting a little emotional at that point. I was honestly nervous. The moment we've waited 37 weeks for was here. I can clearly remember Hailey's cry and then a minute later, Zoey's cry. Seeing them for the first time. Watching two sets of nurses checking up on our babies. Finally holding them after waiting so anxiously for 5 hours. I remember breastfeeding them with ease right away and just being happy they were here. I walked to get them from the nursery and kept them with me as much as I could. I can clearly remember Aaliyah meeting and holding her sisters for the first time. A moment that will melt Mommy and Daddy's hearts forever. I remember all the chaos we had adjusting. Long, sleepless nights. Busy days of diapers, bottles, crying and giggles. It all went by too fast. Our babies grew up way too quick. They did things so early. I can remember when they were just itty bitty. I can remember each new milestone they reached. Now, our babies are 2 and it shows. I miss everything we've been through but I'm so pleased with how amazing our girls are. If any one had a day in our life, they'd see just how blessed we are. I'm excited to share some of these adventures with whoever wants to read. I don't think you'll be bored. These girls are a blast!

No comments:

Post a Comment